Macon is a city located in Bibb County which lies in state of Georgia, United States. The city has the nickname “The Heart of Georgia” as it lies near the geographic center of state. The city is very beautiful and has lots of interesting places to explore.
Places to visit:
- Rose Hill Cemetery- Since 1840, the cemetery is a self-guided walking tour of a Macon and it’s sponsored by the Middle Georgia Historical Society.
- Museum of Arts and Sciences- Museum features an interactive exhibit, arts & science galleries, a minizoo and a planetarium.
- Bond Swamp National Wildlife Refuge- Established in 1989, protected and enhanced forest, wetland, ecosystem and lots of adventures to explore.
- Hay House- A historic house with extraordinary structures, it was declared a National Historic landmark in 1974.
- The Allman Brother Band Museum- It was a home of famous All Brothers Band and it is also known as The Big House. The museum features amazing exhibits and events.
- Sandy Beach Water Park- A lake side water park full of adventure, features wonderful wave pool, beach side games, beach side cabanas and lots of amazing stuff.
- Ocmulgee National Monument- It is the prehistoric American Indian site. It is basically a huge park and has museum in it which exhibits around 2000 artifacts and lot more to explore.
Places to Stay:
- Macon Marriott City Center- A perfect place to stay as it is in the center of city and offers modern interior and services.
- TownePlace Suites- Magnificent hotel features modern and luxurious comfort and services.
- Hilton Garden Inn Macon- A hotel located in mercer university campus which is a beautiful location and has a spectacular interior and services.
- Econo Lodge- A convenient hotel offers all excellent services and has clean and large dorms.
- Burke Mansion- A hotel which is listed in National Historic Register and called Merchant Prince. This hotel features beautiful architectures and luxurious interiors and wonderful services.